WEEK 04 - FORUM 04

 FORUM 04


"TO INVENT A FUTURE THAT DOESN'T EXIST, YOU REALLY HAVE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT PEOPLE ARE DOING TODAY AND COMPLETELY RE-IMAGINE IT." - Bill Burnett, exec. director of design, Stanford University's D.School 

Question: What/how would you do to create or establish this 'new idea'. How can this help with your current design project?

Ideas could come up suddenly while we are doing other activities such as our daily activities, hobbies, and more. In my case, choosing the topic for my current project comes up from my own hobby which is photography. For photography itself, I came up with different kinds of ideas due to my own experiences and also other people out there who have different experiences with photography. Every photographer out there has their own goal or target. They are reaching for different kind of things in this field. What they photographs are all different things as well with different objects, subjects, and perspectives. By watching and observing the photographers that I’ve encountered, I could get some ideas and inspirations from them. Such as what are the issues or things that trouble them. Also, matters that hinder them from their work. 

From that, what I discovered is the photographs taken by the photographers. Nowadays, both professional and amateur photographers posts their artworks on social media, such as Instagram, vsco, and more, mostly on Instagram. Some people will be thinking, so what is the matter with this? Every audience has a different type of media to view the artworks and the colour outcome will be different as well. Therefore, how each of the audiences feels and see might be different as well. On top of that for them to print it out is just “too much”. Audiences could go to an exhibition for a professional photographers’ work, but what about the artworks of the amateur photographer out there? Every artwork deserves its own recognition. The difference in the artwork recognition between professional and amateur photographer can be seen as well on their own social media. Professional have the recognition by having a lot of audiences for their page and from the social media platform itself by having the verified logo. Before being a professional they also experienced being an amateur and I believe that amateur’s works also need their own recognition. 

By having my own experience and observing other photographers out there, I come upon a lot of ideas for my current design project. And I will still need to observe them more in the future and do my own research as well to help with my design project. 

Comments